Google Adsense

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Remember The Sabbath Day

Remember The Sabbath Day




I want to share with you a few chapters of my life ' s version. I will institute in the chronology 1975, when I was 23 years decrepit. I had aloof graduated from UC Davis and got a activity as a teacher at Peterson Juvenile Hall. My mission in life was to breeze in law cram, but plans distant and I ended up working at PJH for five years watching criminals under the age of 18.
Three years succeeding, in 1978, I went into fellowship with my brother - in - regulation, and purchased a health food store, Artesian Health Foods II, in Tracy California. Forasmuch as, in 1981, I bought out his share, retired from juvenile hall due to injuries, and existent worked full - time in the health and nutrition business. Owning the health food store was certainly part of All knowing ' s plan for me as it helped me prepare for the medical missionary work.
In 1982, I heard that likewise health store, Lodi Health Foods, was for sale. I took a ride to Lodi and inquired of the owners if the store was indeed for sale. The short, redheaded woman named Mabel answered, " No, it isn ' t for sale, I ' m sorry. " I spent a few more register language with Mabel wherefore gave her my name in event lassie ever decided to sell and went on my way.
Nearly two years passed when Mabel and her carry on Flaunted walked into my Tracy store and oral, " We are selling the Lodi store and Creator has told us you are the one who is to buy it. " " Divinity told you this, " I questioned. I had been raised Roman Catholic, attended Catholic schools for twelve years, and bad infidel while lamp college, so I found their statement very amusing, but I still wanted to buy their health food store.
When I met with Classy and Mabel Litvin, and read the business contract, I was very curious about the sentence that uttered, " The store commitment carry forward closed on Saturdays. " I inducing, " Why would they want me to close on Saturdays? " After all, Saturdays are a good day for business. I looked at the books also to reconfirm the store was forging a good profit in hate of it being closed on Saturdays. My attorney, after reviewing the contract, oral, " I start if that could be chargeable up in magistrate? "
I succeeding found out that the sellers were Seventh - day Adventists and their Sabbath was Saturday not Sunday, which most other Christians recognize as the Lord ' s Day. Remember, friends, I was a former - Catholic, gamy heathen, and didn ' t even believe in a Father let alone a Holy Sabbath Day. Amazing how Divinity works.
Two years subsequent, the Lord revealed many new things to me about life and religion. My first wife and I had forfeited our first child who the doctors oral was a " vegetable, " or a trisomy 18, a genetic defect that affects one in a million babies. How blue it was to watch little Nichole die in only ten days. This was one chief turning point in my life. I made a devoir to seek out the Lord and read the New Testament from Matthew to Dash. Even though I did not interpret much of what I read, I read every colloquy. After all, I musing, a occasion is a desideratum, especially when you make that wish to Deity.
Soon after, I attended my first cattle call under contract in a Protestant sanctuary. As I listened to evangelist Dan Collins ' message on the culprit ' s need of the tetchy, I felt the pull of the Holy Spirit calling me to surrender my life to the Lord. I had been longing for a new life, and sick and tired of the albatross and pain caused from my continual sins. I wanted to surrender my life to Infinite spirit, and thought I had that evening, but it wasn ' t protracted before I was right back to my elderly ways of drinking, scorching marijuana, and partying. I was what the Bible calls a " indurated - ground hearer, " due to even though I had an initial excitement in hearing the Gospel, I had no depth of stain for the chat to take root. Not surprisingly, the winds or trouble of life blew me back to my vomit. I went through a divorce and within a bout married and. It was at the birth of our first child, Giana Rose, that I present-day to study, not blameless read the Bible, for the first time in my life. I had a sincere hunger for the love of Jesus and a big appetite to know His discussion.
As I beheld Jesus lifted up on Calvary ' s petulant, quietus the future home that was mine, I fell in love with the Savior. Now I wanted to go to shrine, but had a matter about which day to worship on. I wanted to know why SDAs keep Saturday instead of Sunday as the Lord ' s Day. In a way, I wanted to trot out them not precise. My first surprise came when I went to the calendar, and, to my amazement, I found the seventh day of the spell to be Saturday and not Sunday. I urgency have been very illiterate back thereupon, being I always deliberation the seventh day of the span was Sunday. I whence questioned, " The calendar commitment have been divers? " Further, I struck out. My search proved the toilet paper cycle had never been at variance. The seventh day has always been Saturday not Sunday.
My later drill was to find one of the Catholic priests I knew when I was young, and interrogate him the query about Saturday being the Lord ' s Day. I found a Catholic priest from my Catholic grammar edify, and anxiously asked him the query. He answered, " The Sabbath is Saturday. The Pope poles apart the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. " Was I apprehensive to hear it right from the horse ' s orifice. I was raised Roman Catholic, and always believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. After all, while gun Annunciation Exercise, I was forced to arrive mass on Sunday or stay after demonstrate for detention. Since, Sunday right be holy.
At the time I purchased Lodi Health Food Store, I also learned, for the first time, that the command to worship of the 7th - day Sabbath is the Fourth Commandment in the Bible: " Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD thy Demigod: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy little one, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy foreigner that [is] within thy gates: For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: accordingly the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and religious it. " Defection 20: 8 - 11.
I remember rushing and grabbing my copy of A Catechism of Trustworthy Tenet - A Textbook of Catholic Teaching and anxiously turning to the page where the fourth commandment was located and reading only the words: " Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. " It had been distant. It was much shorter and there was no mention of the seventh day. In addition to this, the fourth commandment in the catechism was now the wringer, and the second commandment, prophetic picture worship, was totally gone! They even divided the tenth commandment, which forbids coveting your neighbor ' s wife and goods, into two commandments, numbers nine and ten, so there would still be ten. Fishy!
The seventh day, I learned, is the true Sabbath. It is in the heart of the Ten Commandments. And to think that the Pope, a mere impregnable, claims power to change the Fourth Commandment and the 7th - day Sabbath to Sunday? I had, like so many billions of people, believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. At first, even for me, it was strange to think of Saturday as the day Demon blessed and spiritual. But as I stretching to study the Bible, I could not find one scripture to support Sunday worship or Sunday sacredness. I did find one verse that says the apostles hard up bread and had a specialized concourse on Sunday ( actually it was Saturday evening after twilight ), since Paul was commencement the closest day. ( Gawk Acts 20: 7 ). But, Acts 2: 46 says: " And they surviving daily with one accord in the haven, and breaking bread from turf to kennel. " So, the apostles met every day and indigent bread according to this verse.
On the other hand, I found many verses supporting the 7th day Sabbath as Totem ' s appointed day of rest and the true Lord ' s Day. The Bible showed me that Jesus kept the 7th - day Sabbath and so did His disciples after His finish: And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. " " And Paul, as his practice was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures. " Luke 4: 16; Acts 17: 2.
The more I researched, the more evidence I found on the 7th - day Sabbath. I pray you will enjoy the following short presentation on the history of the Sabbath. " The Sabbath was introduced at the close of the creation interval as a obelisk of Power ' s amazing works. On that day Soul rested; in consequence He blessed the Sabbath and set it apart for holy goal. Genesis 2: 2, 3. The charter of which it is a part was in repercussion from Adam to Moses, though its details are not separately listed in the early Bible document. Romans 5: 13, 14. After Israel forsaken Egypt, Demon also spoke the complete law on Mount Sinai. Trekking 19: 20. In the centuries that followed, the Sabbath was kept before Israel through the legate of the prophets and priests. It was for of their thrust of the Sabbath that Israel and ergo Judah went into captivity. Jeremiah 17: 27. After the Babylonian Captivity, Sabbath better was prominent among the needed changes as the people were certified further in their homeland Nehemiah 9: 14; 10: 31; 13: 15 - 22.
The life of Christ highlights the sacredness and the significance of the Sabbath. The coming of apostasy and turning away from the Sabbath and other truths is part of the prophetic picture. Daniel 7: 25; Display 13. Special stress is placed on the commandments of Daemon and the restoration of the Sabbath in the remnant temple. Exhibition 14: 12. It is to be a assessment to Demon ' s people in the days immediately former the second advent of Christ. Presentation 13: 17. It will be kept by All knowing ' s people in the new earth. Isaiah 66: 23. " A Seer Among You, pp. 260, 261.
Through the writings of Ellen White there runs a planed twist of emphasis on the theory of the Sabbath and the desired practice of its grasp. Here are a series of quotations gathered from several of her works, paralleling the high points of the Bible clothesline large-scale.
" The great Deity had laid the foundations of the earth; He had dressed the whole world in the apparel of beauty and had filled it with things useful to fellow; He had created all the wonders of the moor and of the sea. In six days the great work of commencement had been talented. And Infinite spirit ' rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And Totem up the seventh day, and sanctified it: considering that in it He had rested from all His work which Tutelary created and made. ' Jehovah looked with delight upon the work of His hands. All was perfect, profitable of its pastor Imagine, and He rested, not as one mellow, but as well playful with the fruits of His cleverness and goodness and the manifestations of His deference.
" After resting upon the seventh day, Divine being sacred it, or check it homeless, as a day of perdure for partner. Adjoining the standard of the Root, partner was to reach upon this religious day, that as he should look upon the heavens and the earth, he might repercuss upon Maker ' s great work of rise; and that as he should eagle-eye the evidences of All knowing ' s sagacity and goodness, his heart might be filled with love and cowardice for his Creator.
" In Eden, Holiness permit up the obelisk of His work of inception, in placing His finest upon the seventh day. Patriarchs and Prophets, pages 47, 48.
" The Sabbath methodology, which originated in Eden, is as decrepit as the world itself. It was empirical by all the patriarchs, from prelude down. " Ibid., p. 336
" In aftermath of continual transgression, the ethical law was recur in scary grandeur from Sinai. " Hieroglyphics of the Times, April 15, 1875.
" The Sabbath was original in the law given from Sinai; but it was not inasmuch as first made known as a day of rest. The people of Israel had scholarship of it before they came to Sinai. The Want of Ages, p. 283.
" On one time, by command of the Lord, the oracle took his position at one of the principal entrances to the void and there urged the standing of keeping holy the Sabbath day. The rabble of Jerusalem were in danger of losing sight of the geniality of the Sabbath, and they were solemnly warned condemn following their worldly pursuits on that day. " Prophets and Kings, page 411.
" Nehemiah fearlessly rebuked them for their neglect of duty. ' What injurious thing is this that ye do, and profane the Sabbath day? ' he sternly demanded. ' Did not your fathers consequently, and did not our Deity bring all this injurious upon us, and upon this reservation? At last ye bring more outbreak upon Israel by profaning the Sabbath. ' He ergo gave command that ' when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the Sabbath, ' they should be shut, and not opened besides till the Sabbath was bygone. " Ibid., p. 671.
" The rabbis virtually represented Holiness as giving laws which it was impossible for men to obey. They led the people to look upon Divinity as a bully, and to think that the concern of the Sabbath, as He required it, made men hard - hearted and cruel. It was the work of Christ to clear away these misconceptions. Although the rabbis followed Him with merciless hostility, He did not even punch in to conform to their requirements, but went straight forward, keeping the Sabbath according to the constitution of Demon. " The Long of Ages, page 284.
" The papacy has attempted to change the law of Totem. The second commandment, unpromising dead ringer worship, has been dropped from the regulation, and the fourth commandment has been so individual as to authorize the cognizance of the first instead of the seventh day as the Sabbath. " The Great Controversy, p. 446.
" Since the Reformation, there have been some in every begetting to maintain its note. Though often in the midst of carp and persecution, a constant testimony has been borne to the perpetuity of the constitution of Tutelary and the sacred obligation of the creation Sabbath.
" These truths, as presented in Revelation 14 in connection with ' the immortal gospel, ' will distinguish the sanctum of Christ at the time of His appearing. " Ibid., p. 453.
" The Sabbath will be the great inspection of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. " Ibid., 605.
" Idol teaches that we should assemble in His flophouse to cultivate the nature of perfect love. This will fit the dwellers of earth for the mansions that Christ has gone to prepare for all who love Him. There they will assemble in the sanctuary from Sabbath to Sabbath, from one new moon to exceeding, to unite in loftiest strains of song, in praise and thanksgiving to Him who sits upon the domain, and to the Lamb for ever and ever. " 6 Testimonies, p. 368.
Isn ' t the Sabbath a beautiful part of Demon ' s perfect plan? I love the Sabbath, and it is truly a delight. One day each extent, on the 7th day, we rest our minds and our cats so they can restore and renew.
While I was writing this life ' s Elijah Prophecy, I reciprocal this article with a Sunday - keeping Nice guy blocker of mine. I assured him that Creator only holds us explicable for what we know, and that recovery comes through the grace of Jesus Christ alone. But I also told him respect to Holy spirit ' s Commandments is an identifying sign of Lord ' s true temple as the Holy Spirit sanctifies us.
He was astonished to learn about the Sabbath and how the Pope clashing the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. Mike also suffers with uncomfortable pain in his back from an auto go. He told me that he has taken approximately 16, 000 pain pills and anti - inflammmatory drugs since his episode six years ago, and more statin drugs for his high cholesterol of 400. His triglycerides are 700 from all the sugar and dearth of exercise, and he is 75 pounds overweight. No curiosity he suffers from depression. Perfect timing for me to give him advice on how to change his lifestyle, lower his cholesterol and triglycerides, reduce his medications, and how he can lose 70 pounds in the process.
When Mike single, he had seven free books in his hands and some natural remedies to save his liver, and, conceivably, his life. I praise the Lord for the work He has given us to do in helping the sick and in saving souls for the reign. Thank you Lord for the health message and the truth of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment